The first thing Orthodox Christians owe to their parishes is their prayer "for the good estate of Gable od's holy Churches". Even if one has no other means to support the Church, he or she is always able to invoke God's help, and ask the Lord to settle everything and to send the right people to support certain parish or community.
The Church always prays "for the builders and benefactors of this Holy Temple" that the Lord bless them and render their generosity. St. Michael's parish by and large depends on its parishioners' and benefactors' donations and financial support. Financial help to our parish includes:
- Regular donations - which can be made either in the church or by mail in the form of a check or credit card.
- Item and food donations - for numerous parish activities, including our Coffee Hour, Russian Festival and Fish Dinner.
- Participate in our Shoprite gift card program
- Select Saint Michael's Russian Orthodox Church as your charitable organization while shopping on Amazon Smile.
Helpers of all ages are needed in our parish in its various church life aspects, from church cleaning to teaching in our Sunday School program. Parishioners with families may assist in our parish activities together with their children, so they become accustomed to caring for the church. Children are welcome to come and help us at many of our activities, working off their community service hours. We need help with the following:
- Desk duty/assist candle stand (on Sundays)
- Church cleaning (as needed; see announcements)
- Epistle reader
- Assist the priests and altar servers
- Sign up and host a Coffee Hour after Divine Liturgy
- Building and maintenance projects
- Sunday School - teach or volunteer to assist the teachers
- Assist with outdoor clean ups and landscaping of yard
- Join a Committee of Church Council
- Volunteer and help at the annual Russian Festival event